Call for Applications: Pre-Approved Roster of Experts
United Nations Development Programme Sarajevo
The United Nations Development Programme in BiH, with the support of UNDP's global network, has been helping the country to attract and use international assistance since 1996. We are committed to helping the country through strengthened national and local capacities to carry out political, economic and social reforms and development. Our main goals are the reconstruction of the country following the conflict, supporting and building national capacity in key sectors, advancing human development and helping to shift the focus of development planning from post-war recovery to long-term strategic development.
In this context, UNDP is soliciting the submission of CVs (individuals, not firms) from experts and experienced consultants to be considered for registration in the UNDP CO Bosnia and Herzegovina pre-approved roster of expert in the following areas:
- Strategic Planning and Management Expert
- Economic Development Expert
- Local Governance Expert
- Legal Expert
- Agronomist (Fruits, Vegetables and Industrial Crop)
- Veterinarian/Livestock Specialist
- Project Cycle Management (PCM) Expert
- Monitoring and Evaluation Expert
- Civil/ Construction Engineer/Architect
- International Consultant – Civil/Construction Engineer/Architect
- Supervision of implementation of construction works
- Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer (Hydromechanics)
- Wood Biomass Policy and Governance Expert
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Climate Change Mitigation
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Inventory Expert
- Climate Change (CC) Social/Economic Impact Expert
- HACT Capacity Assessment
- Spot Checks Performed by Third Party Service Providers
Interested consultants are advised to carefully study all the sections of this ToR and ensure that they meet the general requirements as well as specific qualifications described under each thematic area. The consultant should identify primary area that best fits his/her range of experience and expertise. If applicable, it is possible to select secondary thematic area(s). The primary (and secondary) area must be clearly marked in the online application under the Section: “Motivation: Reasons why applicant thinks he/she is an outstanding candidate for the job.” Only applicants who pass all screening and selection procedures, including interview, will be included into the Country Office Roster.
Duties and Responsibilities
Consultants will provide advisory support to clients (UNDP offices, national project teams, and national stakeholders including governments, civil society organizations and affected communities in BiH). Specific reporting and working relationships will be specified at the time of contracting for a specific assignment.
When demand arises in a particular thematic area, pre-selected consultants are called upon to provide demand-driven advisory services, access to knowledge and technical backstopping to UNDP BiH. The range of tasks for the consultant may include applied research, diagnostic missions, provision of strategic and operational advice, capacity assessment and capacity development activities, strategic development and implementation of projects and policies, on-site support to programme identification and development, monitoring and evaluation, legislation drafting, negotiation and coordination with public/private partners and stakeholders, partnership development, community engagement and outreach including through social media, training, report drafting, peer review, and others. Consultants will perform their duties from home through e-mail, telephone and/or fax combined with the in-country missions and/or project site visits (per request of UNDP BiH). Consultants are expected to attend relevant meetings and workshops at the country level, including stakeholder consultations, inception and validation meetings. Requirements for specific competencies, qualifications, duties and responsibilities are outlined separately for each thematic area in this TOR.
Detailed Terms of References (ToR) explaining all thematic areas can be downloaded from the http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=42993.
- Strategic vision, strong technical and analytical capabilities;
- Strong reporting and writing abilities;
- Ability to work in a team, develop synergies and establish effective working relations with government counterparts, donors, NGOs and other development partners;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, tact, and negotiating skills, and the ability to cope with situations which may pose conflict;
- Integrity, modelled by the UN's values and ethical standards;
- Sensitivity and adaptability to culture, gender, religion, nationality and age;
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
- Ability to accommodate additional demands on short notice;
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations;
- Ability to manage heavy workload and solve complex problems with minimum supervision;
- Excellent drafting and formulation skills; proven record of official reports or papers/studies in the selected area.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree (BSc/BA) relevant to the thematic area (see specific requirements under each thematic area).
- Advanced university degree (Master, PhD) would be considered as an asset.
- At least 5 years of proven working experience relevant to the selected thematic area;
- Extensive technical knowledge relevant to the thematic area;
- Knowledge of BiH; proven working experience in the region is an asset;
- Theoretical and practical experience in drafting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating public policies, strategies or concepts relevant to the selected thematic area;
- Proven and recent experience with technical assistance to project development, implementation, management and/or evaluation;
- Experience with training and facilitation is an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Bosnia and Herzegovina languages is a must; for international consultants, knowledge of BiH languages would be an asset.
- Full IT literacy;
- Ability to operate with on-line web-based applications;
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with the statistical or data-analysis software are an asset.
Guidelines for Applications:
Interested applicants are advised to carefully review this advertisement and ToR and ensure that they meet the requirements and qualifications described.
Applicants should submit:
- Signed and Updated Personal History Form (P11). The template can be downloaded from this link: http://sas.undp.org/documents/p11_personal_history_form.doc)
- A brief description of your relevant expertise (no more than 500 words) and indicating your areas of expertise from the list of thematic areas; you may choose up to 3.
- Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability indicating all-inclusive daily rate in BAM. The daily rate specified in the submission will be considered as a ceiling amount / maximum daily fee.
Please note that our system only takes one attachment. Therefore, kindly scan all your documents into a single PDF file to upload.
Consultants included in the roster will be asked to quote specific daily fees for each concrete assignment, based on their profile matching the TORs. Quoted daily fees shall not exceed the ceiling amount indicated in this submission.
Individual Consultant General Terms and Conditions is provided here: http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/documents/procurement/documents/IC%20-%20General%20Conditions.pdf.